Sunday, October 24, 2010

YOU By Janet Jackson

Listening to an old Janet Jackson cd. What a gem, just collecting dust. The 'All For You' DVD Edition! Had it for years an never really listened to it much. Woke up thinken about that man, with that song in my head 'Get Lonely.' Put it on. But the song that had me jumpen was 'You.' I'll post the video as soon as I get something in my stomache...been meditating, and trying to pray that man off my mind..Talken to him on the phone helped a lil. Smile...



Here I am in your face

Tellin' truths and not your old lies

Seems to me that you careAnd I know that you're runnin' out of time

See ya can't get away

I'll be here forever and again

Whisperin' in your ear

Do believe 'cause you know you cannot win



Spent most your life pretending not to be

The one you are but who you choose to see

Learned to survive in your fictitious world

Does what they think of you determine your worth

If special's what you feel when you're with them

Taken away, you feel less then again

That's right



Chorus:

You gotta mean what you say

You gotta say what you mean

Tryin' to please everyone

Sacrifice your own needs

Check in the mirror my friend

No lies will be told then

Pointin' the finger again

You can't blame nobody but you

Repeat Chorus



There's a feelin' inside

No you cannot change it right away

Gotta make it try

And with time it'll start to go away

I'll be here when you need

That one to sit and cry to

'Cause I'm the you you forgot

The only one you know you cannot lie to

Bitter you'll be if you don't change you ways

When you hate you, you hate everyone that day

Unleash this scared child that you've grown into

You cannot run for you can't hide from you

Can't hide from you



That's right



Repeat Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment